Whitby Goth Weekend Photographs – Autumn 2014
With fantatsic weather here at Whitby The half term holidays have been a cracking week. The town started to fill up from last weekend and has slowly got busier all week.
Wednesday saw the start of The Whitby Abbey Illumination Event whcih runs untill Saturday night. Friday of course was Halloween, and Goth weekend stretches across the full weekend, with many Goths staying in Whitby well into next week.
These are a few of our photographs from The Week in Whitby. I will keep posting as and when I have the time. Please feel free to share this page on Facebook. I would also love to hear your feedback either in the comments section below or over on our Facebook Group here.
Whitby Goth Weekend Photographs – April 2014
After posting some of my images to Facebook and reading some of the most bigoted and disrespectful comments Ive ever had the displeasure to read, I have decided to dedicate all Goth related pages and photographs on this website to the memory of the the late Sophie Lancaster. I urge all our readers to show respect and tolerance to all people we meet regardless of their looks or chosen attire. You can read about Sophie here.
Discuss Goth Weekend Photographs In Our Facebook Group
Whitby Goth Weekend Spring 2014
Whitby Goth Weekend 2014 Readers Stories
- Christine Lamont – In all the years of coming to Whitby I have never been into the Abbey, it was a real treat for it to be lit up for my first time
- Bev Cappleman – I loved the illuminated Abbey and chuffed that I managed to take some sots that were in focus!
- Cerridwen Belladonna White – Good music, catching up with friends we don’t get to see very often, having a laugh, lots of booze and a great welcome from the lovely people of Whitby.
- Nige Hatch – Had a great time and slowly over the months got to know some top people. Always love photographing the place and giving my slant on it
- Mick Radford – Ferocious dog were mint surprised you didn’t make it mate credit to the reso for getting them there
- Rachel Atkinson – Fab weekend, with lots of lovely people bringing a positive and interesting vibe to Whitby. The more the merrier
- Clare Crystalship Cook – The Res was great on Friday night. Had a quiet night last night, ready for 2 nights of partying at the Metropole. I love Whitby. X
- Alison Graham – There was a good duo singing in the Station on Friday night and the atmosphere in town was great. It was heaving with people but good natured. The Abbey lit up was fantastic. The only thing that disturbed me was that picture of yours of the pig man!!!! I am so glad I did not see him.
- MicknAngie White – We love whitby and visit regularly but that’s the first time on goth weekend …absolutely brilliant had a great time can’t wait for the next one and hopefully get dressed up as we both felt underdressed lol.
- Carol Hixon – Had a fantastic time met some interesting people ,, been in total ore at the beautiful costumes, ,, well done to everyone in whitby for pulling all the stops out,, shops looked amazing, been a magical buzz,,,,
- Pauline Nicholls – We had a super time on Saturday…with all the lovely Goths/steam punk looking amazing we had a fantastic time…and watching the Dracula play up at the Abbey…it was truly brilliant…the add libs had us all in stitchers…the Actors are just fantastic…such fun…must see it again../li>
- Ben Laws – Awesome weekend its been mental at java and our food stall at the leisure centre
- Carol Moorhouse – I’ve had a fab weekend too!! Good food good wine good company lovely weather long leisurely walks and plenty of time sat watching the world go by and admiring the sights!!
- Heather Laxton – We live in Whitby and have to say what a fantastic weekend its been.The amount of people made for a great atmosphere. Whitby Goths make this place unique. Lets keep it that way !!
- Sarah Mcburney – Went up to Abbey on fri night took kids out for a walk was a great atmosphere in town
- Jackie Gordon – Lovely walk on the cliff for a coffee with stunning views thrown in.
- Kevin Young – I was on my way to perform at St. Hilda’s Church in a production called Stormbound about the Rohilla Disaster and just as I was coming onto West Cliff a family in full steampunk gear cross in front of me. It was mt old school mate from the sixties Alan Chapman. Not seen him for about 10 years and they all looked great
- Simon Moorhouse – Good weather , good atmosphere, good food, good company.
- Linda Crook – I met a friend I’d not seen since 1986. .It was brilliant
- Andrea Morris – I did the event last yr and have to say this yr is by far the best yet the whole ov whitby was buzzin it was packed out the effort people put into there outfits make up etc is outstanding the pubs were bouncing the vault n rez little A my favourite al in all excerlent event bril atmosphere fab people n outfits cant wait for next yr x
- Joy Dobson – my first time to Whitby goth yesterday I fully enjoyed it although my feet would tell you different lol we will definatly be back to the next one
- Julie Wetherell – Me and the family came today had a wonderful time. Thanks to the beautiful people making it a lovely day
- HughiePurvis Mit Gyaltsen – Just had a fantastic weekend…thousands of people and no bother…or none that I saw……like you ime looking forward to April..but ille only be there for the day.
- Lee Marchment Ferocious Dog – were pretty unexpected! Never knew what they going to be like as we only sound checked the headliners. Perked up my evening, you have Sam Hoyle to thank for them! Been a good weekend, absolutely rammed. Just what we need to head into a gloomy quiet November.
- Vea Glynn – I often visit Whitby with my husband but never been to a goth day till yesterday, was a last minute plan, I went with a few girls from work, and I shall be going to many more, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute!!! Everyone who dressed up and I mean everyone looked fantastic!!! Their was one person who stood out for me, only because he really freaked me out was the man with a brown sack over he’s head and face, Black hat and string entwined around he’s trousers, really wish I got a pic of him but I was to scared lol, anyway well done to all involved!!!
- James Wolf Hemmings – Best place on earth. Doesn’t matter if it’s goth weekend or not, it’s still an amazing town
- Sue Tiggs Wilkinson – We had the best time ever in Whitby, what a fantastic atmosphere all the people gave it – locals and visitors alike! Got to meet old and new friends, already booked for Nov next year (amongst other times booked to visit whitby too
- Lisa Eagleton – A year ago at whitby,a very single me met a wonderful man over breakfast. This year I became his fiancé as he proposed at whitby and have our rings of jet from w.hamond.
- Calypso Whitbytortugafestival Savvy – Just the best time with old and brand new friends x I really love the hustle and bustle of this beautiful town x I honestly couldn’t live anywhere else xx My highlights were obviously the costumes and everyone I chatted to was smiling and happy xxxx
- Phillip Stentiford – I be buggered cracking weekend the goths should come ram this town full of lovely people every week
My Favourite Message –
Lisa Eagleton – A year ago at whitby, a very single me met a wonderful man over breakfast. This year I became his fiancé as he proposed at whitby and have our rings of jet from w.hamond.