View all our “best of” Lists Here.
Real Whitby’s Top Places For Coffee
In no particular order.
1. Stonehouse Bakery – Danby
Danby’s Stonehouse Bakery sells excellent fresh ground coffee and a fantastic array of cakes and pastries. If you have transport then this place must not be missed.
A family run business in the beautiful village of Danby. The Stonehouse Bakery is owned by the Jackson family who also run the excellent butchers in Ruswarp.
The village of Danby is some 18 miles from and is accessible by car, or by train on the Whitby – Middlesbrough line. The village is remote, which adds to its beauty, no buses come here but the area is very popular with walkers.
Real Whitby Says – “Fantastic Coffee In The Middle Of The Stunning North Yorkshire Moors”
2. Java Cafe
Java on Whitby’s Flowergate is a people watchers heaven. Take a seat in the window and watch the world go by.
Ben Laws who owns Java serves top grade Coffee, which I must say will knock your socks off. The price is very reasonable for such a classy establishment.
The food here is also amazing, and locally trained chef Ben serves breakfast, lunch, snacks and a variety of main meals which are simply to die for.
Ben Laws who owns Java says “We use a single estate Brazilian coffee for our normal coffees, we use a guatamallen single estate espresso bean which is awesome, and a spring water washed brazilian decaff bean”
Real Whitby Says “Forget Weatherspoons, if you want the best that Whitby has to offer then seek out this unique gem of a coffee house.”
3. Wits End Cafe Sandsend
Wits End Cafe in Sandsend is another well kept secret. The coffee here is, in our opinion, the best you will find anywhere in the area. Admittedly its slightly pricey but in terms of quality you wont find better anywhere.
Witts end also has an extensive menu, serving breakfast, lunch and light meals.
The cafe itself has 3 main areas. Immediately as you walk through the front door is the first dining area. This place is beautiful with some excellent local photography on show on the walls.
To the rear of wits end is a large outdoor seating area. If its a nice day then this enclosed courtyard makes for a fantastic place to sit and enjoy your coffee.
Perhaps our favorite area of wits end is the wood cabin which you’ll find at the end of the outdoor courtyard. If its cold and damp then get yourselves in here. The log burner gives the cabin real warmth, but be warned, once your settled you’ll never want to leave.
Real Whitby Says “The best coffee in the Whitby Area”
Highly Recommended Coffee Shops In Whitby
Suggested by our social media followers – Facebook Best Places For Coffee
- Tearre Woods (St Annes Staithe) – Key lime pie or hot chocolate fudge cake at Teare Woods! Fab Cafetiere !!
- Becketts (Skinner Street), Very Dog Friendly – Gorgeous cakes, coffee and wonderful people.
- Truly Scrumptious (Pier Road) – Tunnocks wafer and a coffe or hot chocolate at Truly Scrumptious!! Watch the world go by for hours
- Rusty Sheers (Silver Street) – Enjoy a sunny afternoon sat in the courtyard of Rusty Shears sipping pink prosseco! Oops sorry Skinny Latte
- Bothams (Skinner Street And Baxtergate) – Well everything is good! And sooooo reasonably priced
- Tiffin (Baxtergate) – Morning coffee with the locals.
- Sherlocks (Flowergate) – Step back in time, superb setting, top coffee and food to die for !!
- Moon And Sixpence (Marine Parade) – Classy harbour front venue. Serves food, alcoholic drinks and of course, great coffee.
- Carols Coffee Corner (Church Street) – Nice for a quick coffee and a kit Kat, sit in the sun on a busy corner!!
- Clara’s (West Cliff) – Fab Coffee or hot chocolate and spectacular views, plus awesome sunsets !!
- Marie Antoinette’s – (Church Street) mmm nice slice of Lemon Drizzle and a coffee!
Page compiled with the help of The Real Whitby Facebook Group, Carol Moorhouse, Sophie Exeley And Sue Thornton.