The Black Bull At Ugthorpe The Area’s Number One For Sunday Dinner.
The Black Bull has been the best kept secret amongst the Whitby locals for quite sometime now. But now word seems to have really got out via our Real Whitby Facebook Group and visitors from all over the UK are now enjoying the food on offer there.
The Black Bull Public House can be found in the village of Ugthorpe which is some 10 miles out of Whitby on the A174 Whitby To Guisborough Moor Road. According to AA route finder the journey should take you 20 minutes by car.
The address of The Black Bull for Sat Nav purposes is : Postgate Way, Ugthorpe, Whitby, North Yorkshire YO21 2BQ
Telephone to book : 01947 840286
Speaking about The Black Bull our readers said :
- Glenn Kilpatrick – “Ive opted for The Black bull. Big portions and nice food. Ive also eaten at The Board Inn recently and that was excellent. I havent used the others so cant comment on them.”
- Tony Batey – “Black Bull at Ugthorpe, plenty of nice food, real friendly staff and always a nice ale on.”
- Mike Smith – “Black bull hands down. Best food I have had in ages.”
- Jenipher Stephenson – “Black bull by far….just been again today….all home cooked, good choice and tastes amazing 5* x”
- Joyce Lightwing – “Black Bull Ugthorpe lovely friendly staff and fantastic food”
- Anthony Noble – “Without any doubt Black Bull brilliant and none of the processed crap you get in a lot of places”
The Best Sunday Dinner In Whitby Town – The Resolution
In second place overall in our Sunday carvery poll came The Resolution which is situated in Whitby itself. For those without transport, this is the place for you.
The Resolution is located at the junction of Flowergate and Skinner Street and is no more than a 10 minute walk from the centre of town.
Speaking of the food in The Resolution, our readers say :
- Helen Neatby – The Resolution – good choice of meat, loads of veg and massive Yorkies!
- Karen Forth – The resolution not been to black bull for carvery but good food and plenty of it.
Other Places For A Sunday Lunch In Whitby
The full results for our Facebook Poll were as follows :
- The Black Bull Ugthorpe
- The Resolution Whitby
- The Board Inn Church Street Whitby
- The Bridge Inn Ruswarp
- Stakesby Arms Whitby
- Forge Inn Aislaby
- Scoreby Manner Scarborough
- The Dolphin Whitby
- The Board Inn Lealholme
You may wish to add your votes at our Facebook Poll here.