Stupid Whitby Tourists
The Stupid Things That Tourists Say In Whitby.
Another Real Whitby List, this time its a compilation of all the stupid things you ever heard a tourist say whilst in Whitby.
The Stupid Things You Hear Tourist Say In Whitby
- Some guests at my Dad’s hotel took a walk up the 199 steps one night. It was so foggy they couldn’t see further than St Mary’s church. They came back and told me the abbey looked nice now it had been repaired. True story – Ricky Castoldi
- Do you sell different coloured jet or only black ? – Rich Bunton
- I overheard some tourist telling her husband that the abbey was 199 years old and that’s why there is 199 steps – Becky Pearson
- I used to empty the bins with the council. Doing bins years ago on Grape lane and a woman asks me is this where Captain Cook lives so I said he used to a few years ago – Ian Detute.
- Years ago I was with my wife walking down pier road, and some woman said to her fella ” It stinks of fish…. whats that smell?” as they were walking past the fish market – Andrew Breckon
- As if this place doesn’t even have a beach. The tide was in – Jacinth Simpson
- Is that where Dracula lives, pointing at the abbey - Ian Detute.
- In Poundland, how much is this ? – Marissa Hodgeson
- “Whys there so many bird cages?” ……….whilst looking at the crab pots opposite Big A – Faye Liddle
- When I worked at a local cafe and heartbeat was on television still, I had customers asking “Which way to Aidensfield” I told them there was no such place it annoyed me to death – Becky Pearson
- In Goathland what time does the village open as if it was a film set for heartbeat – Janet Green
- ‘That seagulls smiling at me’ springs to mind. that was the ex before it tried to steal her Magpie chips. she works in law so understandable – James Crome
- I have been a shop assistant for roughly 25 years and i constantly get asked where the shopping centre is or do we have a shopping mall a M&S – Janine Moth Kaiser.
- Calling the Abbey A Castle – Roz headlam
- Walking up Caedmon’s Trod and the kids being annoyed there isn’t 199 steps – Roz headlam
- Stood on Tate Hill Pier and saying “I’m surprised there isn’t a way across” – Glenn Kilpatrick
- Heard a conversation at the bridge end regarding yachts passing through, Why can’t they just collapse their masts?? – Linda Havelock
- Lets watch the bridge lift up too let the boats through – Graham Shepherd, Janet Moth Kasier
- When I lived in Whitby, a tourist pointed at the Abbey and said, “that wasnt here last time a I came” – Kat Rodgers
- I was walking down east pier with my 13ft beachcaster and a women says ” is that fishing rod bigger than you”. Then she was stood talking to me about height for bloody 1 hour – Chris Mcarthey
- Whitby is nice, but shame about that scratty beach in the corner – Carol Moorehouse
Our list was complied with the help of our Facebook groups members. Please feel free to read the initial conversation here.