This article entitled Farndale Daffodil Walk was first published March 23rd 2012
The Walk At Farndale is an easy stroll through some of the finest scenery The North Yorkshire Moors National Park has to offer.
The walk is especially good in springtime when the daffodils are in bloom, but can be enjoyed at any time of year.
Distance 3.5 miles (5.6km) Allow 1.5 Hours.
Farndale lies at the centre of The North Yorkshire Moors National Park, not far from the villages of Castleton, Hutton Le Hole And Kirby Moorside. The walk starts in the village of Low Mill.
Park in the car park and look for a small gate near the entrance signposted Church Houses.
- Follow the paved path and the footbridge takes you over the River Dove. Once on the farside, turn left. This path takes you alongside the river and follows the riverbank for a mile or so, before peeling away from the river and turning right, towards a get.
- Go through the gate and onto the tarmac road. Follow the road right, through church houses and past the church.
- About 500 yards past the last road junction, turn right through a gate. The path skirts a wall on your left to a stile. Go over and follow a signed path to a lane. Leave the lane to cross a field on your right. The path meanders across several more fields and eventually to a farm lane. Go through another gate in the farm yard and down to a footbridge over a stream.
- Follow a paved path across another field to a second footbridge and back to Low Mill.
Food And Drink
Within a few miles of The Farndale Daffodil Walk you have some fantastic places for food and refreshments. My personal favorite is The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge where you can get excellent bar meals and fine ales. Also worthy of mention is The Feathersham arms in Farndale where the portions are huge. If its tea, coffee and scones your after then Daffy Cafe on the Daffodil Walk is well worth the stop.
Farndale Daffodil Walk Pictures.
Click thumbnails to view full sized photographs
Farndale Daffodil Walk Video
Ian Sampson travels around Yorkshire as part of his Farndale Country Walks DVD from QVT Productions. The DVD contains walks from around some of Yorkshire’s beautiful countryside including the spectacular dale of the daffodils. More details from www.qvttv.co.uk
- Farndale Daffodil Walk Website
- Farndale Daffodils
- Daffodil Walk Map
- York Press
- The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge
- The Feathersham arms in Farndale